Sauti za Busara 2013: Call for African music films
Sauti za Busara music festival is now accepting submissions for the 2013 African Music Film Programme.
Sauti za Busara festival is looking for a variety of feature length films, stimulating and entertaining shorts from around Africa. These can be music clips, recorded concerts, music documentaries or more experimental films. The best films will be selected for screening at the festival:
- Films telling a story about music or musicians from the African Continent and diaspora
- Films representing the wealth and diversity of music from East Africa and beyond
- Music films of interest to local, regional and international audiences
- Films with great visuals, quality sound and music that is firmly rooted in Africa
- Films including new and unheard of sounds, as well as established artists
- Foreign language films should ideally be subtitled in Kiswahili and/or English
Application forms and more information are available on the Sauti za Busara website at busaramusic.org . The deadline for applications is 16th November 2012
Sauti za Busara is the annual music event in East Africa and widely known as ‘the friendliest festival on the planet’. The next edition in February 2013 will feature 200 musicians: more than twenty groups from East Africa and beyond; acoustic and electric, upcoming and established – all performing 100% live.
Do you have a story or an article to publish? Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org.